For Trial Committees
Are you considering running working dog trial affiliated with the QWCTAI? This page provides interested parties with an overview of how to apply for and host a working dog trial affiliated with the QWCDTAInc.
More, specifically, you will find information about:
- Planning your trial date
- Running your trial
- Our insurance information
- Templates to assist you
Planning Your Trial Date
When setting a date for a new trial, contact the President so that dates can be coordinated with existing trials on the calendar.
All organising Trial Committees are requested to submit the following details to the President to have their trial considered:
- Date of trial
- Contact name/s and phone number/s and/or email/s of key person for nominations
Ideally, trial dates are to be finalised for the following calendar year by September of the preceding year, to enable publication in the association's newsletter and printed calendars.
Running Your Trial
Trial committees should refer to Helping You Run a Trial with QWCDTAInc booklet. For a current copy, please contact either the Secretary or Treasurer.
Ask the Association's Executive Committee to clarify any issues you may come across during the planning and running of the trial - don't be afraid to ask!!
Running a Trial Templates
Below is a selection of Microsoft Word documents (and one Excel spreadsheet) that can be used to assist with the administration of your trial. Simply click on the name of the document, save the file to your own computer and enter the information that is unique to your trial:
- Breakdown of nomination money (Word document)
- Tally sheet for nomination money (Excel spreadsheet with instructions)
- Competitors draw (does not include space for scores)
- Two round open draw (including scores)
- Three round open draw (including scores)
- Two round maiden/novice draw (including scores)
- Three round maiden/novice draw (including scores)
Where to send your completed score and result sheets:
As soon as practically possible after the completion of your trial, please send a copy of all score sheets and final Trial Result Sheet to:
- The Point Scorer: for allocation and checking of Dog of the Year Points
- The Webmaster: for publication on our website and Facebook page
- Newsletter Editor: for publishing in our quarterly newsletter